Ideally, a Certified Arborist is contacted for consultation during the planning stages of a construction project where trees are to be impacted. Valuable trees may be preserved if appropriate measures are taken in advance to protect root zones, trunks, and canopies.
If damage has already occurred, to prevent further damage and for optimal preservation, contact Urban Tree Specialists to consult on the following:
- Physical injury to the trunk and crown
- Soil compaction in the root zone
- Severing of roots
- Smothering roots by adding soil
- Split and broken branches
- New exposure to wind and sunlight